This looks very interesting. A LIC gallery has an open call for curatorial proposals:
For more info go to: http://www.dorsky.org
D O R S K Y G A L L E R Y |Curatorial Programs (DGCP) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)3 taxexempt organization.
We accept proposals from curators, writers, and art historians for
exhibitions that explore interesting and timely themes which we think will illuminate and
deepen the public’s understanding and appreciation of contemporary art. Each exhibition will
be on view for approximately ten weeks and there will be four exhibitions each year. A color
brochure containing an essay by the curator will be published with each exhibition. This
brochure is distributed to thousands of individuals, museums, galleries, and art-related
institutions throughout the world. Our facility allows us to present comprehensive exhibitions
and permits related programming such as lectures, artists’ talks, student workshops, and
symposia, centered around the exhibitions where appropriate.
To submit a written proposal, please include:
• One to two (8 ½” x 11”) typewritten pages outlining the
premise of the exhibition, why you feel it is relevant, and the artists you propose to
include in the exhibition.
• Visuals of the artists’ work, if appropriate. It need not be the actual work to be included
in the exhibition, but should be illustrative of the work to be included.
• A sample of writing as you will be asked to write a 1,500 – 2,000 word essay for the
brochure that we will publish to accompany the exhibition.
• Any other collateral information you feel will be helpful to our understanding your
• A resume including your contact information and email address.
Proposals and collateral materials should be submitted to:
Dorsky Gallery Curatorial Programs
11-03 45 thAvenue
Long Island City, NY 11101
Attn: David Dorsky